Haiti’s health care system continues to be devastated by disasters and rebuilding it continues to be a very slow process. Mobile Medical Teams, primarily from the USA, visit Haiti each quarter to work with the Village of Hope Health Center medical professionals. This collaborative team of Haitian and US medical colleagues, dental professionals, translators, drivers, and support staff go directly into the community to provide very basic health services. This is done in cooperation with the Haitian Health Department (MSPP) who identifies the areas of most need.
Highlights for Mobile Medical Teams
6 months prior to the trip
- Identify the team leader.
- Obtain dates for visit from VOH Field Directors and submit deposit to the VOH office to reserve the dates.
- Build a team of up to 20 members who will be staying at Hope House.
- This team must include at least one licensed medical provider who is licensed to prescribe medication;This medical provider must remain on site throughout the trip is will be responsible for approval of all treatment plans.
- Begin fundraising
3 months prior to the trip
- Submit the following documents online to the Field Directors for each licensed professional:
-Copy of diploma
-Copy of current license
-2 passport-style photographs.
These are required by the Haitian Health Department.
- Send the completed team profile online to email@example.com (VOH Boca Office) and to firstname.lastname@example.org (Haiti Medical Director).
- Send checks for the Mobile Medical Fee payable to VOH, Inc. (from $4500 to $5700 — confirm amount with Haiti Medical Director by email.
- Send a check for Room and Board of $70 per night per person and $30 for each team member to cover Trip Insurance.
- Confirm with the Haiti Medical Director by email, the drugs and supplies the team will need to bring with them to Haiti.